Website CAMPBELL SCIENTIFIC INC
Campbell Scientific is proud to be recognized as a world leader in the design, manufacture, and service of environmental measurement and control systems used to address society’s needs for clean air, clean water, a good supply of food, reliable well-built infrastructure, and safe, efficient transportation.
Our employees are devoted to maintaining our innovative quality and dependable products. If you want to make a difference at work and around the globe, strive to constantly learn and grow, have a strong work ethic, and value serving others – we encourage you to join our team.
Job title: software engineer (aviation weather)
Open date: May 26, 2021
Close date: June 23, 2021
Department: Software Development
Division: Research & Development
Status: Regular full-time
Location: Logan, Utah, USA
EEO job code / group: 2 / Professionals
Reporting to: Director of Software Engineering
Positions supervised: Software Engineers
A Software Engineer in this position serves as the Product Owner for our Aviation Weather Software Team. You will lead a development team focused on the delivery of solutions to the Aviation Weather market. You will continually seek to develop industry-leading expertise regarding the standards, practices, and trends of Aviation Weather. You work collaboratively with product managers, business development, project proposal response and delivery, and hardware and software engineers in the ongoing definition and delivery of standard and bespoke solutions. These solutions have very strict requirements for international regulatory compliance, stability, accuracy, and autonomy and require the highest degree of reliability.
- Developing industry-leading expertise regarding the standards, practices, and trends of Aviation Weather that translates into meaningful product strategies and trusted-advisor relationships
- Maintains an understanding of current and future International Regulatory Standards, including the ICAO baseline and national variations where applicable.
- Consultation and contribution to project proposal response and delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders to create, maintain, and communicate a product vision
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating a product development plan that is always aligned to the needs of the market and the business
- Translating product plan into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Leading the product functional design process
Overseeing product development, including planning, refinement, review, and sprint
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance to evaluate future investment
Required technical and functional Skills
- Experience managing and leading teams of software developers (3+ yrs.)
- Experience in product management and/or product development (7+ yrs.)
- Experience leading agile software development and scrum (3+ yrs.)
- Experience supporting project proposal response and delivery, particularly for government agencies (3+ yrs.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer requirements to produce usable designs and implementations
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Excellent project management skills, with a degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient with Git, C++, Windows, and Linux development tools
- Experience in delivering transportation weather, particularly aviation, solutions
- Experience delivering solutions aligned with NIST 800 and FIPS 140.
- Experience with ISO 27001 certification
- Experience with hardware components that can work over TCP/IP and or Serial Lines.
- Experience in working with remote development teams
- Familiarity with JIRA.
Required education and relevant experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a computer science discipline
Work environment: General office environment, extensive use of PC, customer site visits where CS products are or will be installed
Travel requirements: Domestic and international travel up to 5 weeks per year
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 10 lbs., sit or stand for several hours at a time, and walk reasonable distances in servicing customer needs
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with educations and experience. Excellent benefits provided.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Campbell Scientific, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.campbellsci.com.