A weather and climate services information company
Prescient Weather Ltd, a leader in providing subseasonal and seasonal weather and climate forecast and climate analysis related products, seeks a direct sales professional. The position will be responsible for selling existing and new Prescient Weather products to specific target markets including commodity trading operations, electric and natural gas trading operations, crop and climate insurance industries, and other industries and other organizations impacted by climate variability that will benefit from probabilistic long lead weather and climate forecast products.
Prescient Weather celebrated its 10th anniversary in June of 2019. The company is at the forefront of applying the latest long-range forecasting research to business applications. 10 years of “under the radar” R&D and product development have positioned the company for growth and success. We seek to hire a sales professional who is prepared to help stimulate company growth for the next 10 years.
Your responsibilities will include:
Be an Industry Sales Leader:
· Leverage existing network, contacts, and relationships to identify opportunities
· Lead follow up and qualification; Direct development of prospects may also be required.
· Opportunity development and closing
· Partnership development and closing for resale and content distribution
· Develop creative ideas and concepts to stimulate market penetration and development
· Communicate structured competitive intelligence to your manager
Be a primary interface with customers and our market:
· Build a relationship and rapport with existing and new customers
· Renew contracts with existing customers
· Solicit customer product feedback; suggest new ideas
· Advocate for our products and Prescient Weather in the marketplace
· Attend industry-related conferences
· Communicate our unique value proposition to customers, prospective customers, partners, and stakeholders
Execute business processes:
· Leverage our CRM in a manner that supports your success
· Forecast future sales
· Follow a sales process while always working to improve it
· Find efficiencies to make the sale process more effective
· Communicate with your Prescient Weather teammates
Education and Experience
Candidates with degrees in an environmentally focused field, especially Meteorology /Atmospheric Science, are preferred. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university is required. Candidates should have demonstrable success during at least 5 years of selling SaaS and data services-based products.
A minimum of 30% travel is expected but you should expect periods of intense travel as necessary to build and maintain strategic and tactical relationships. Some international travel may be required.
Candidates are encouraged to learn more about Prescient Weather products and services by starting their research process at https://www.prescientweather.com.
If you are interested to submit a resume and cover letter for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescient Weather Ltd reserves the right to amend or vary any part of these terms of reference and/or the position, to cancel all or any part of the process set out in this document at any time and to appoint any person to fill the role described herein.
Prescient Weather Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.