Website Syn-Tech Ltd
Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
* Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on electric, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Performs emergency/unscheduled maintenance of equipment. Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Perform new machine installation as needed
* Perform building maintenance tasks as needed
* Have the ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
* Have the ability to work with computer-controlled equipment such as PLCs
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt. Order requisition parts as needed.
* Coordinate work performed by outside vendors.
* Upon completion of work, enters appropriate information into computer database.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information to upper management by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas. All work will be done in compliance with EPA and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of lock out tag out procedures
* Must have the capacity/ability to work independently in the performance of standard maintenance and repairs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, work days are Monday through Friday.
Driving to local vendors and hardware stores. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Skills / Qualifications
Ability to perform advanced production equipment maintenance
Technical understanding of mechanical devices
Operation of power tools including drill press, grinder, pipe cutter
Welding stick, tig and mig
Strong trouble shooting skills
Must be able to work independently in the performance of standard maintenance and repairs.
Ability to deal with uncertainty
Attention to detail
Basic understanding of Microsoft office word and excel
Needs to be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
Education and Experience
An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
4+ years of maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with PLC programming.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.