* Sponsored content
EWR has introduced a low-profile, solid-state weather radar system, named the E800LP Series.
Ultra-compact, fully integrated, rugged design
The E800LP is a rugged, low-profile, solid-state weather radar system specifically designed for mobile and stationary applications that require a narrow beam width and compact size. The E800LP is available in both X and C band frequencies.
EWR understands what it takes to build radar systems that withstand the rigors of mobile and fixed deployment for continuous operation in the world’s harshest environments.
The solid advantage
Many other radars use tube transmitters that require frequent maintenance, high voltage and are prone to failure in difficult environments such as those found in mobile applications. EWR uses long-life solid-state GaN transmitters, which are virtually maintenance-free and consume far less power. EWR Solid State transmitters are frequency adjustable and can be tuned by the user to avoid interference.
The latest E800LP transmitter uses a proprietary multi-amplifier design that incorporates multiple “next-generation” high-power amplifiers to provide an extra measure of redundancy in this critical subsystem. This, combined with EWR’s Hybrid Pulse Technology, which virtually eliminates the blind range associated with other solid-state radars, results in a system that outperforms all other solid-state radars on the market today.
The WeatherScout Workstation provides all of the user interface and control functionality of the radar. The E800LP includes the most complete suite of meteorological products available.
Ultra-compact, rugged design makes the E800LP the ideal solution for complex mobile applications that require narrow beam widths.
- Ultra-compact, fully integrated, rugged design enables the E800LP to meet challenging mobile requirements
- Simultaneous dual polarization standard
- Multiple high-resolution beam width options
- Next-generation EWR field proven solid-state GaN transmitters
- Proprietary multi-amplifier design
- Wideband user-adjustable transmit frequency
- Industry-leading signal processing
- Hybrid pulse technology eliminates the radar blind range associated with other solid-state radars
- Ultra-low power consumption and operating costs
- The most complete suite of meteorological products available
- Perfect for complex mobile applications
- Virtually maintenance-free, long life design utilizing factory-sealed gearboxes and bearings
- 24/7 365 day help desk support