Raymetrics is a worldwide pioneer and one of the most experienced LIDAR manufacturers, with over 17 years in the business. The company is developing innovative products focusing on environmental monitoring, addressing key atmospheric issues such as:
- Aerosol studies, discrimination, and classification (dust, man-made pollution, volcanic ash, fire smoke, marine particles)
- Remote pollution and dust tracking
- Fog detection and remote visibility measurement
- Cloud studies, including 3D cloud mapping, multiple stratifications of clouds and near-future cloud base measurement (forecasting)
- Localization of stratifications of atmosphere
- Planetary Boundary Layer (PBL) studies
- Monitoring of vertical distribution of atmospheric humidity
- Volcanic ash positive identification plus ash layering and altitudes
Through a blend of experience and expertise, Raymetrics can offer the absolute most remarkable products available in the market.
Our customers originate from everywhere throughout the world, including such renowned associations as the Met Office (UK), German Weather Service (DWD), National Environment Agency (Singapore) and the European Space Agency (ESA).
Following our innovative product portfolio, our company has recently developed a custom Lidar (eVe) for complementing the measurement capabilities in line with ALADIN, and the ATLID, Cal/Val needs. The overall scope of the project is to provide the ESA mission Aeolus with a reference ground-based lidar system tailored to the specifics of the ALADIN laser instrument, thus capable of providing “ground truth” observations.
The eVe lidar shall contribute to addressing both expected as well as unknown issues that the Aeolus missions may face with the optical parameter retrievals and shall furthermore allow a later use for EarthCARE (ATLID) Cal/Val activities.